The Digital Regulation Cooperation Forum (DRCF) was formed in July 2020 and it brings together the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA), the Office of Communications (Ofcom) and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
Building on the strong working relationships among these organisations, the DRCF has been established to ensure a greater level of cooperation, given the unique challenges posed by regulation of online platforms and digital services.
Online services are playing an ever-more central role in our lives, and the digital landscape is developing at pace. There is a need for a more coherent, coordinated and clear regulatory approach – for the good of internet users and the companies who serve them.
The DRCF has published its working priorities for the next twelve months. The ICO plays an instrumental part alongside its regulatory partners in delivering these priorities.
For more information see the DRCF website.
News and updates
- Wednesday 16 April 2023 – The DRCF responds to the Secretary of State for Digital, Science, Industry and Technology (DSIT)
- Wednesday 16 April 2023 – The DRCF publishes its 2023/24 Workplan
- Wednesday 16 April 2023 – The DRCF publishes its 2022/23 Annual Report
- Thursday 6 April 2023 – DRCF Blog on Quantum technologies
- Tuesday 4 April 2023 - Kate Jones appointed new head of Digital Regulation Cooperation Forum
- Thursday 10 November 2022 - DRCF Blog on Web 3.0 and distributed ledger technologies
- Tuesday 11 October 2022 - Families’ attitudes towards age assurance: research commissioned by the ICO and Ofcom
- Wednesday 22 June 2022 – DRCF Blog on the Metaverse and immersive technologies
- Thursday 28 April 2022 - UK’s digital watchdogs take a closer look at algorithms as plans set out for year ahead
- Friday 25 March 2022 - Digital Regulation Cooperation Forum (DRCF) launches digital research portal with a blog from DRCF CEO Gill Whitehead
- Tuesday 4 May 2021 - Digital Regulatory Cooperation Forum’s response to DCMS on the future of the digital regulatory landscape
- Wednesday 10 March 2021 - Digital Regulation Cooperation Forum publishes its first annual plan of work
- Wednesday 1 July 2020 - UK regulators join forces to ensure online services work well for consumers and businesses
- DRCF Transparency in the procurement of algorithmic systems: Findings from our workshops: Transparency in the procurement of algorithmic systems (drcf.org.uk) (March 2023)
- DRCF Insight Paper on Web3: Insight paper on Web3 (drcf.org.uk) (February 2023)
- DRCF Ofcom and ICO Joint Statement on Online Safety and Data Protection: Online safety and data protection: a joint statement by Ofcom and the Information Commissioner's Office (drcf.org.uk) (November 2022)
- DRCF Algorithmic Processing workstream: Response to Call for Input Submissions: DRCF response to call for input submissions (October 2022)
- DRCF Families’ attitudes towards age assurance research: Families' attitudes towards age assurance (drcf.org.uk) (October 2022)
- DRCF Roundtable on End to End Encryption summary: E2EE roundtable summary (drcf.org.uk) (July 2022)
- DRCF CMA and Ofcom Joint Statement on Online Safety and Competition: Online safety and competition in digital markets: a joint statement between the CMA and Ofcom (drcf.org.uk) (July 2022)
- DRCF CMA and ICO Joint Statement on Competition and Data Protection in Digital Markets: Competition and data protection in digital markets joint statement (drcf.org.uk) (May 2021)
- Digital Regulation Cooperation Forum digital research portal
- Digital Regulation Cooperation Forum: Annual report 2021 to 2022
- Digital Regulation Cooperation Forum: Plan of work for 2022 to 2023
- Digital Regulation Cooperation Forum: Findings from the DRCF Algorithmic Processing workstream - Spring 2022
- Digital Regulation Cooperation Forum: Embedding coherence and cooperation in the fabric of digital regulators
- Digital Regulation Cooperation Forum: Plan of work for 2021 to 2022
- Fforwm Cydweithredu ar Reoleiddio Digidol: Cynllun gwaith 2021 i 2022
- Digital Regulation Cooperation Forum: launch document