Your organisation is transparent about any processing relating to automated decision-making and profiling.
Ways to meet our expectations:
- You have procedures for individuals to access the personal data you use to create profiles, so they can review for accuracy and edit it if needed.
- If the decision is solely automated and has legal or similarly significant effects, your organisation tells individuals about the processing - including what information you are using, why and what the impact is likely to be.
- If the purpose is initially unclear, you give individuals an indication of what your organisation is going to do with their data, and you proactively update your privacy information as this becomes clearer.
- If the decision is solely automated and has legal or similarly significant effects, your organisation explains the processing in a meaningful way that enables individuals to exercise their rights including obtaining human intervention, expressing their point of view and contesting the decision.
Can you answer yes to the following questions?
- Would individuals say that you explained the processing to them in a meaningful way that helped them to exercise their rights?
- Is it easy for them to access the personal data you used to create profiles?