Information asset register
You have an asset register that records assets, systems and applications used for processing or storing personal data across the organisation.
Ways to meet our expectations:
- Your organisation has an asset register which holds details of all information assets (software and hardware) including:
- asset owners;
• asset location;
• retention periods; and
• security measures deployed.
- You review the register periodically to make sure it remains up to date and accurate.
- You periodically risk-assess assets within the register and you have physical checks to make sure that the hardware asset inventory remains accurate.
Can you answer yes to the following questions?
- Is the register accurate – could you use it to find equipment around your office?
- If we selected a sample of software, could you demonstrate that the details in the register are correct?