Staff are fully aware of the policies and procedures that are relevant to their role.
Ways to meet our expectations:
- Your staff read and understand the policies and procedures, including why they are important to implement and comply with.
- You tell staff about updated policies and procedures.
- You make policies and procedures readily available for all staff on your organisation’s intranet site (or equivalent shared area) or provide them in other formats.
- Guidelines, posters or publications help to emphasise key messages and raise staff awareness of policies and procedures.
Can you answer yes to the following questions?
Could your staff easily find policies on the intranet or equivalent shared area?
Are they aware of the main content?
- Would we see any data protection awareness-raising materials available or on display around your office, such as posters?