You have appropriate resources in place to handle requests from individuals about their data.
Ways to meet our expectations:
- A specific person/s or team are responsible for managing and responding to requests.
- Staff receive specialised training to handle requests, including regular refresher training.
- You have sufficient resources to deal with requests.
- If a staff member is absent, you train other staff to carry out key tasks.
- Your organisation can deal with any increase in requests or reduction in staffing levels.
Can you answer yes to the following questions?
- Are staff aware of their key responsibilities and how to deliver them in practice?
- Would your staff say that you have appropriate resources to deal with the volume of requests?
- In the case of staff absences, could key tasks in the request process be covered by more than one individual?